Sunday, 30 August 2026

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 375: Oblong Cross Stitch

Let's do a Cross Stitch. One that is not square, but slightly out of shape, I mean oblong. Tall and thin.

I found Oblong Cross Stitch in Mary Thomas's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches, in the chapter of Crossed Canvas Stitches.

Learn it from my photo tutorial:














Homework: 

Add to the three usual samplers 


as well as on the Canvas Sampler



4 comments:

Barwitzki said...

I am thrilled with your instructions.
Thank you very much.
Sending you warm regards and best wishes.

Pamela said...

I love the evenness of the stitch on the aida fabric.

Angela said...

I like this one very much!

Rachel said...

Another one that offers scope, not just in varying the threads, but I think in some sizes you can do a sort of "half drop" repeat, so that instead of rows, you get a sort of all-over pattern..