I am very please with how steady this stitch is. I agree that it takes longer to make than the traditional Buttonhole Stitch, but it is worth it. I must also admit that it is easier to work the Eyelet Wheel Stitch on plain weave than on Aida.
Friday, 11 June 2021
Thursday, 10 June 2021
I recently finished my crazy quilt project Crazy for Crazy, and now want to write its story.
Wednesday, 9 June 2021
Nothing much is happening to show for Work In Progress Wednesday.
Log Cabin Challenge
I assembled another set of 12 blocks.
The next set was also prepared, but I only managed to stitch half of the 12 together.
Last week's work is on the left.
Actually these 30 blocks is a half-way mark. When I have assembled the remaining 30, the flimsy will be complete.
Keep on, Queenie, you're almost there!
Tuesday, 8 June 2021
When I was picked for a blog award and then asked to nominate three other bloggers, I found myself in a pickle. There are so many blogs I read, how could I suggest only three?
Finally I picked
- Hokkaido Kudasai, because Pamela posts every day, always has some beautiful stitching or an interesting travel report or some fascinating news/statistics/articles
- Princess Bubbles Creates, because Angela shares my love for beads and shiny fabric, makes fantastic mandalas, comes up with good suggestions, and is extremely creative
- My Craft Works, because Shami makes these very clear, easy-to-follow tutorials with great photographs and generously shares her patterns and skills
- VirtuoSew Adventures (actually Rachel was the person who nominated me), because Rachel is a very talented needlewoman with deep and broad knowledge and skill of all things embroidery. She works with many styles, successfully experiments a lot and is very active. On her blog there is also a slow Stitching Video.
- Jizee6687's Weblog, because Chitra makes fantastic embroidery on Indian garments. She also created a large number of variations of any stitch used for TAST or Sunday Stitch School. Unfortunately Chitra has not been posting for some time, but her blog is still active and you can enjoy old posts.