Sunday 14 February 2021

Sunday Stitch School - Revision: Stitches 156 - 160

First of all A Happy St Valentine's Day to all.

I made this 19 years ago. I followed the instructions in Elly Sienkiewicz's book 'Appliqué 12 Easy Ways'.

........................

Here at Sunday Stitch School we have learned another five stitches so it is time to review. Click on the title to see how to do them.

156 Hyacinth Stitch

Thanks to Rachel's clever stacking of stitches we have the beautiful Hyacinth Stitch.

 

This is a real nice stitch, it has already become a favourite of mine.

This 'cousin' of the last stitch has the look of a winged insect.


159 Invented Stitch (Slashed)
Another 'cousin'.


Here is a stitch that could be a flower, a pine cone or a raspberry, or ....

Homework.
Be inspired by the stitches to make a Sunbonnet Sue.
I have taken the help of crayons and a molding mat.




6 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooh, I wonder what Sue is going to be up to this time?

Annet said...

This looks like a big challenge this time! I'm looking forward to see the result.

crazyQstitcher said...

Lovely Quilt of hearts and such a pretty edging. The stitch is perfect for becoming a hyacinth. I see a blouse for Sue, so far..

Pamela said...

You could publish a book with pictures of all of your creative Sues.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like hyacinths and the stitch too.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think I see a flower garden growing. Signs of spring?