Friday 12 February 2021

Friday Homework for Lesson 160: Portuguese Clover Stitch

Once you get the hang of how to wrap the rungs of the base stitches, this stitch is easy. One point to remember, though, it is a thread eater! You need to have plenty of thread in your needle as it is difficult to add in the middle of the project.

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
Here the stitch looks more like a pine cone than a clover flower, wouldn't say?

Aida Sampler
At first I thought it would not work well on Aida, but I was wrong. You learn something every day!

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth
Although Aida was fine, I still think the stitch looks best on a tighter weave.
Can you see the hole in the middle stitch? I have to confess that it is because I ran out of thread and changed to a new one. So don't skimp on thread!


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I like this stitch!

Rachel said...

For the case of having to change thread another time, if you think about the way you lead the new thread in to the motif, you might find you can camouflage the join a little more.

crazyQstitcher said...

Beautiful work Queenie, even if you did run out of thread at the wrong time. I have yet to try my sampling.. I hope I can make mine as neatly as you did.

carorose said...

Oh that clover stitch I like.

Tanya said...

I love it as a pine cone!