Wednesday 3 February 2021

WIPW - Hina & Tatting Code

 What have I been up to this week? Here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Log Cabin Quilt

It is time to assemble the 350 blocks into a flimsy. I have made a section of 12 blocks, 3 x 4.

Furthermore I have discovered an old sheet, which will be perfect for the back. It is blue, worn and washed into a soft finish. There is no sizing left, so it will be nice and easy to quilt.


Crazy for Crazy

I completed the white and orange block. It was my plan to add a bit of tatting, but found that none of the small pieces I made fit the spaces I had left on the block. 

I will have to wait for the next octagon block to introduce some tatting.

The work added this week is circled with blue in the picture.



Tatting

This week I started looking at tatting patterns and instructions. There are basically three ways, one is a diagram and the other two are based on letters and numbers. While trying to interpret the tatting 'code' I made a small flower and a butterfly. I also tried out my new tatting needles, a thicker and a thinner one.



Saturday Sightings of Spring

A more thorough report will be posted on Saturday. Here is just a teaser.


HINA

I posted yesterday the progress on Hina ornaments for 2021. Read that post here.


I was lucky to find many opportunities to work on my various projects this last week. I already know I will not be so lucky in the weeks to come. I hope you will have a productive week.


6 comments:

Pamela said...

Lots of progress on many things this week. What will the finished size of the log cabin quilt be? The tatting pieces are very cute.

Tanya said...

Your crazy block is looking so elegant with the white and peach colors. I am so looking forward to seeing all the blocks together!

carorose said...

You have been so diligent in your stitch practise. The quilt will be beautiful.

Rachel said...

You have got a lot done - looking good too!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Everything is looking very good.

crazyQstitcher said...

Absolutely Everything delights the eyes. The tones, stitches,Hina additions and cushion pads. The tatted pieces are great, especially the wee flower. That would have been fiddly to create.