Wednesday 10 February 2021

WIPW - Crazy Tandem?

It's time to write my Work In Progress Wednesday report  -  a week passes so quickly, don't you think? It has been a very busy working week, and progress on the stitching front has been limited.

Crazy for Crazy

I am getting impatient and want to finish the octagon blocks. In total there will be 20 blocks and I have completed 18. Two more to go. The colour ways, fabric and thread for both have been picked out. I am now toying with the idea of working the two blocks at the same time, a kind of tandem work. You can see how keen I am to complete the work!

One block will be brown and ornamented with light blue and silver.


The other is a deep red purple, leaning towards shocking pink. Threads and ornaments in grey.

I hope to add both tatting and a lace shirtwaist button, and check the other blocks to see what else I might need for a good balance between the blocks.

Log Cabin Challenge

Another set of 12 blocks were stitched together. This set will then be joined to the first unit I showed last week.


Tatting

0% work done! I haven't even lifted the needle.


Saturday Sightings of Spring

Two more shisha mirrors got stitched to the flowers. A better view will be reported on Saturday.




4 comments:

Pamela said...

Are you going to miss working on the crazy blocks when you finish these two? I look forward to seeing the finished piece. The brown and blue look very nice together.

crazyQstitcher said...

You are busy! I like the tones and threads for the new Crazy for Crazy. Working side by side will be interesting. Getting closer to the completion of the Log Cabin too.

Rachel said...

Chocolate and pale blue - lovely! A rare combinations, but a good one!

Tanya said...

Oh you have got some beautiful materials and threads to work into your octagon blocks! They will just shine!!!