Saturday 6 February 2021

Saturday Sightings of Spring - 4

 I have made some progress on my Jacquie Harvey design cushion. 


Where on her pattern there should be Suffolk Puffs (Yo-yos to some of you) I have round pieces of felt.  All of them have now been embroidered with stitches from my collection from Sunday Stitch School and TAST. Before we move on, let me explain that this abbreviation stands for Take A Stitch Tuesday, which is an online embroidery stitch course with Sharon Boggon of Pintangle at the helm. Sharon has a great stitch dictionary online, and her recently published book Creative Stitches is a treasure trove, too. If you want to learn new stitches check out TAST.

Another progress on the cushion is that the first shisha mirror has been added. There will be more. There is a little work on the purple cluster, too.




Believe it or not, but I found some sightings of spring mirroring the pink felt flowers against the blue background. Cast your eyes upon this gorgeous plum tree.




8 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your cushion is coming along nicely and the level of detail you achieve is just amazing! Absolutely gorgeous plum blossoms against that sunny blue sky - can spring be around the corner?

Pamela said...

I like the way you are making this piece your own. The mirrors are a nice addition. I wouldn’t have thought of that! Nice progress.

Lyn Warner said...

The cushion looks like it's fun to stitch. I love working on felt.
Such a special time of the year. The pink blossoms against the blue sky are beautiful.

Unknown said...

This is coming together nicely. And so many lovely stitches to choose from!

crazyQstitcher said...

A lot more cushion stitches added with your own interpretation. The background fabric suits it well. Beautiful blossom to enjoy too.

carorose said...

I have trouble with these mirrors, problably because I am using the wrong ones. Yours are really nice.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like what you're doing with the cushion. Pink blossoms are gorgeous.

Tanya said...

Oh your cushion is going to be so beautiful! I'm not so fond of yo-yos (though I use them quite a lot!) and I would much rather have all your decorative stitches on a quilt! Love your mirror too!