Saturday 13 February 2021

Saturday Sightings of Spring - 5

This is my progress report on the Jacquie Harvey cushion project. Contact me if you want to have a pdf file of the pattern and instructions.


Those who have followed my progress know that I have appliquéd felt on a silk foundation, and am now in the process of decorating the felt with embroidery.

Replacing the Suffolk Puffs (Yo-yos) in the centre of the three lower flowers with Indian shisha mirrors was fun. There are so many different embroidery stitches to fasten and frame the mirrors.


Furthermore I have covered every petal of the purple 'lupins' with embroidery stitches. One got a scattering of square sequins, too.



Next step will be to work on the leaves and stems.

..................
Here is another sighting of spring - the white plum blossoms are showing off their ballerina tutus.
The fragrance is sweet and delicate, alas, this year we all have to wear face masks and can't enjoy the scent.







6 comments:

jacaranda said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Pamela said...

Great variety of stitches!

Shami Immanuel said...

Great progress. Looks beautiful. I have an yo yo maker. After seeing this I have a plan of making some yo yo's and make a design like this.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You'll have used quite a few stitches from your library!

Rachel said...

The felt covered in stitches looks very different, doesn't it - and you can change the impression of the colour quite a bit if you feel you need to..

Tanya said...

So pretty! Is it easy to get the little mirrors? Now that I think of it I don't recall seeing them in any of the craft shops I've visited in my area.