Monday 5 July 2021

May I Suggest ... Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper and today I picked two slips at random from my box.


Lyn's Needlecase

Don't you just love linen, needlepoint, pulled thread work, Chicken Scratch and pincushions ? If you do, then Lyn's Needlecase is the blog to read. 

Look at the delightful designs, the crips stitching and see how a crumpled piece of linen looks after having been damp stretched.

Lyn also has an Etsy Shop, Lynlubell, with delightful items to choose from.


Caro-rose-creations

Carolyn is a teacher through and through. I wonder if there is anything she has not taught. She really goes out of her way to make perfectly packed kits, prepare classes and workshops for her students, be they experienced adults or young children doing embroidery for the first time at the Embroiderers' Guild. Teaching isn't restricted to the classroom, her blog is full of teaching, for us, the readers. You can learn how to make pinwheels, practical bags, luncheon mats, put in zippers in a smart way and choose from many other tutorials.

For anyone who is interested in Japanese Kogin embroidery, Carolyn has chartered more than 700 ! variations of Hishizashi Patterns. A tremendous task - I really take my hat off!

On Carolyn's blog you can also read about and see, knitting, toy making, the nature around her home, health issues, and get many suggestions for a good read.

Happy blog reading.

3 comments:

carorose said...

Thanks Queenie.

Lyn Warner said...

Thank you so much!
It's especially nice after a couple of weeks of technical problems that I've had going on behind the scenes of both the blog and the shop.

Rachel said...

I think I learnt about your blog from Carolyn's, but going to investigate Lyn's now. Thank you for doing this!