Wednesday 31 March 2021

WIPW - Tail Chasing

My Work In Progress Wednesday report for the past week ... it has been a Tail Chasing week, with FAR too much work, and too little play - in my opinion. Anyway this is what I have been up to.

Log Cabin Quilt
I have only managed to assemble two units of 12 blocks each.


Crazy for Crazy
Here are the twenty octagon blocks, and the outlay for the quilt top.
I might turn some blocks in another direction... A graphite gray cotton fabric with printed golden swirls is what I am going to use for filling in the gaps between the blocks.

Tatting
I am learning how to make a cross, but have not completed it yet. I want it done before Good Friday so two more days.

Saturday Sightings of Spring
The Kantha quilting continues.... more in my report on Saturday.



7 comments:

Janie said...

Beautiful work, Carin! I'm enjoying looking at your Log Cabin and CC blocks layout.
And the tatting project is turning out great, Kantha stitches add lots of texture.
Thanks for sharing.

crazyQstitcher said...

"Only" managed to complete 2 sets of blocks? Enlarged, the set of hexies has very impressive additions on each. Love the cross-you have taken to tatting like a duck to water. My favourite piece on the cushion is the bottom right 'rose' it's so cleverly stitched.

Shami Immanuel said...

Octagon pieces looks lovely. I have started a crazy quilting project as a part of a class. Tatting cross looks beautiful. Looking forward for the progress of the spring project.

carorose said...

Sooo much work completed. I feel totally lazy in comparison.

jacaranda said...

As always, in awe of your stitching, loving your crazy blocks, so much work and detail.

Tanya said...

So fun to see all of your octagon blocks together! They are an upturned treasure chest!

Rachel said...

It may feel a bit "tail chasing", but I think it's all looking rather good!