Wednesday 17 March 2021

WIPW - Tatted Block

 Work In Progress Wednesday.


Log Cabin Quilt

I made five more units of 12 blocks each.


Next job is to join those five into a length like the previous one (see below). Then I will join those two together.

The quilt is growing steadily.

Crazy for Crazy
You might remember that I am working two blocks at the same time. 

The brown is almost done. First I made a shirtwaist button, then I added a set of dangling earrings as ornaments and attached the tatted arch I had made previously. I also added a few beads and stitches in silver thread.


The raspberry block still needs some work, but what I have done is the following:
Stem Stitch on the lace, then Petal Stitch on its edge and in between them the God's Eye Stitch.
The length of tatted Split Rings have also been added.



Tatting
I am still learning, so challenged myself to try the Block. I think this could be used for a pumpkin (if worked in orange, that is).

Saturday Sightings of Spring
More work on the Kantha quilting. This is a view from the back.
More on this project on Saturday, of course.








8 comments:

Rachel said...

You could use the existing bit of block tatting for a pumpkin if you used inktense blocks or fabric paints to colour it...!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the blue with the brown on crazy

jacaranda said...

Your log cabin is certainly growing, wonderful. My favourite colour combination of blue and brown. Beautiful crazy patch blocks.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have lots of fun projects going on all in one post! I am making courthouse steps blocks so I am drawn to your log cabins.

Janie said...

The stitches and embellishments added to your CC blocks look great and your Log Cabin quilt is growing by leaps and bounds. Wonderful progress!

Tanya said...

Using earrings! What a great idea!

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, you may know that blue and brown is my favorite combination, so I really drooled all over that block. The tatting is working its way into your stitchery in a happy way.

crazyQstitcher said...

What beautiful additions. They really enrich the brown Hexie tones. I like the stitch additions on the pink also. Yes; a pumpkin on an autumn block. Your tatting ideas are so good.