Friday 26 March 2021

Friday Homework for Lesson 165: Lazy Daisy Popcorn Stitch

I tried both versions of the Lazy Daisy Popcorn Stitch and must say I prefer Madam Totsuka's. In my eyes her stitches look more like real popcorn, fluffy, uneven and unique. 

The instructions I found on YouTube left me with something of a ring, a bit similar to un untidy  #65 Rosette Stitch Rose.


Having said that,  the charm of Lazy Daisy Popcorn Stitch is the wild look, so why not mix them for a scene of windswept wild flowers? Or a paper cup of popcorn? The closer you work them, the more texture you get.

Just remember that the loosely wrapped it is easy to snag it, so it might not be the best stitch för cushions or other things that will be fingered

Aida Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yes, it's very much a stitch for something that will go on the wall, isn't it!