Friday 5 March 2021

Friday Homework for Lesson 162: Cashmere Stitch

It was nice to work a canvas stitch again. This one is so simple.

I also got a tip from Rachel of Virtuosew Adventures about a condensed version of the Cashmere Stitch. I  checked it out on YouTube, and made a block of these stitches, too, on the Canvas sampler, see below.


Aida Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
I challenged myself and did these free hand.

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth

Here I used waste canvas, and the result is a little neater, I think.


Canvas Sampler
So here are both Cashmere Stitch (red and green) and the Condensed Cashmere Stitch (worked on the diagonal in pink and blue).

If you look closely you can see that the red and green traditional Cashmere Stitch has two short stitches at the top and bottom corner of the rectangular section. 
In the condensed version, there are also two short stitches, but they are shared between the rectangular sections. That is why the pattern is diagonal.
Isn't stitching fun and interesting?!
The allotted space on my canvas square did not fit the count, so the bottom row is another Canvas stitch,
the 'accidental' Mosaic Stitch.

I can tell you already that on Sunday stitch #164 will also be a Canvas stitch! Which one, well,  you will just have to wait and see!



2 comments:

Pamela said...

This looks great. I’ll be watching for the next stitch.

Rachel said...

I love the idea of Accidental Mosaic Stitch!