Wednesday 10 March 2021

WIPW - Josephine Chain

How fast is not one week gone? It is hard to keep track of time.

Here is my weekly Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Log Cabin Quilt

I stitched 24 blocks together.


Crazy for Crazy

On the raspberry octagon block I added mirrored Buttonhole Stitch and grey pearls as well as a meander of grey gimp.



The brown block got a stem of Stem Stitch and a few ribbon embroidery buds.

Tatting
I learned how to do the Josephine chain - like a corkscrew.

Saturday Sightings of Spring
On the silk cushion I have now started the Kantha quilting. More pictures on Saturday's report.





5 comments:

crazyQstitcher said...

Again, lovely additions to the blocks. The gimp reminded me of my sisters, embroidering Cornelli work on clothes or icing on special cakes. I like the blues and silk ribbon buds against the browns. I have never seen the Josephine chain before - it's so different and neat. A good week of progress, for sure.

Rachel said...

I like your meander of gimp. That sort of thing is harder to do than people usually think..

Pamela said...

Your two crazy blocks are coming along nicely!

Janie said...

Your stitching is fabulous! All of it, you've stitched 24 Log Cabin blocks together, wonderful, as are the two CC blocks with their new additions. That's a fancy tatting stitch you've done, I don't think I've seen that one before.
Lots of stitch inspiration here, thank you.

Tanya said...

You are sparkling! All those little additions so make a quilt and a block and a life! It is so easy to give up early but you prove that it is the little things that really matter!