Saturday 13 March 2021

Saturday Sightings of Spring - 9

Those who have followed this series of blog posts know that I am making a silk cushion with felt appliqué on top of which I have added heavy embroidery.

 The design is Jacquie Harvey's, 


but I am using the quirky style of Fay Maxwell known as 'Crewel and Unusual'.


I have now reached the quilting stage, and in Fay's fashion I am using Kantha style stitching = large, and in my case, slightly uneven, Running Stitch, echoing the appliqué outlines.



------------------

Saturday Sightings of Spring

The magnolia trees are in bloom in Tokyo. You can also see that the sky is getting greyer and there are clouds, two other sure signs that we are moving away from the crispy dry winter air. In a few months' time  I will be complaining about the oppressive humidity and milky sky...



3 comments:

Pamela said...

You are making great progress on this! We are seeing more flowers here too.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous - lovely to see the blossom, still more inspiration for the embroidery!

Tanya said...

The quilting is just wonderful and really matches the feel of the applique and decorations!