Wednesday 3 March 2021

WIPW - On Track

 My Work In Progress Wednesday report shows that my progress is on track.


Log Cabin 

I have joined together the five sets for the first panel. 

(The big white blobs are pieces of paper to indicate the order or the panels, they will of course be removed later.)

Placed on top of the day bed you can see how wide the quilt/bed cover will be.


Tatting

I used the instructions in Elizabeth Healey's excellent book 'LACE Reimagined', to make this length of Split Rings for the octagon block.



Crazy for Crazy
It was also instructions in the same book I followed to make the Buttonhole Stitch ring. This will be attached to the block later.
I have also worked a smattering of Colonial Knots on top of the pink pic-rac.

The brown block got more stitching.
I over stitched the printed pink flowers with light blue silk tread.
Two seams were treated to Zig-zag Chain Stitch, Herringbone Stitch and Fly Stitch.


Sightings of Spring

Here is a peep of what I have been working on. A full report will be posted as usual on Saturday.



9 comments:

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Wow, log cabin looking great. Love that buttonhole stitch ring.

Pamela said...

Another week with a lot of progress to report. Your tatting is very sweet!

carorose said...

lovely log cabin blocks. The finished piece will be stunning.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Ooo all of this is so pretty, and I just love seeing your progress on your beautiful Log Cabin!

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow! I wish I had even a fraction of the progress to show for my week. I had to pick up the log cabin blocks I had arranged to make space to lay out the kotatsu cover for planning. Now that the top is together, I'm waiting on a backing and playing with scrap sorting.

Shami Immanuel said...

Nice to see the log cabin blocks together. Tatting rings looks superb.

crazyQstitcher said...

A really beautiful Post. The Log Cabin blocks when seen joined, gives more idea of the work gone into each block, with more to add. Lovely ideas on the Crazy for Crazies. The buttonhole ring is gorgeous.

Rachel said...

Definitely on track - lots of encouraging progress on view!

Tanya said...

Keeping busy with two octagons! They will look so fine with the tatting and ring!