Wednesday 20 January 2021

WIPW - Tatting Fiasco

 Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy

I added a line of Alternating Up and Down Buttonhole Stitch in white along a seam. Then made a swirl of Barb Stitch, which I whipped with a thread I also used for tatting. It is nice to share threads between projects.




Log Cabin Challenge

Five new blocks. Total count 345.



Tatting Fiasco

Ha, ha. Nothing good lasts forever. I was having such fun learning to tat and had just begun practising  adding beads in various ways.

Basically tatting designs are made up of two parts, the ring and the chain. Important when you complete each ring is to take the thread through the loop that has formed at the beginning. That is not a step necessary for making chains.

So if you are careless and forget to catch that loop, well then you can either cry or laugh, because you have to undo the whole work, or at least that ring. That is why I began this section with a 'Ha, ha'. Better laugh than cry when fiasco strikes.



Saturday Sightings of Spring

I will show you more on Saturday, but I have been using thin threads.



6 comments:

Rachel said...

I do like the look of the beaded tatting, even if it has been a challenge!

Pamela said...

The thread colors are bright and cheery. If I ever learn to tat, I will try to remember that bit of advice. Nice progress this week!

crazyQstitcher said...

A lovely combination of stitches and design for the Crazy for Crazy. Your stash of fabric must be lowering lots with more C for Cs. Sorry about the mishap with tatting. It happened to me sometimes and that's then carelessness.

Tanya said...

I guess picking out tatting, whether needle or shuttle, is horrendous either way. There are times for me when it is just easier to start over than to try and go back and fix a mistake!

Janie said...

Great progress!
I just started knitting a little sweater for my grand daughter and I hadn't knitted in a while so I had several stop, start over sessions till I got my tension down right! Unpicking and starting over is trying isn't it?
But I know you are skilled in stitchery and you'll get the results you want soon!
Thanks for sharing.

carorose said...

That tatted beading in nice put unpicking anything is the pits!