Friday 22 January 2021

Friday Homework for Lesson 157: Invented Stitch (Cross)

 This homework shows the first type of Invented Stitch - the one that creates a cross.


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart



Aida Sampler


Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth

Aren't they nice?

Some might think it is simply a Straight Stitch with a Cross Stitch worked on top. For me it can't be - I always make my Cross Stitches like this:

First I make the black stitch, then the green on the return, which means the green line is on top. 

Look carefully at the purple stitch and notice the cross have the lines in the other order. This is achieved with the mock Buttonhole Stitch. See the instructions picture 5, 6 and 7 for more detail.




5 comments:

Rachel said...

This is one of those stitches I'm not sure what to do with, although I'm sure something will occur to me in due course!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I'm one of those people who thought it was a straight stitch with a cross stitch on top.

Pamela said...

I like this stitch. I can see using it along a seam.

crazyQstitcher said...

I found the stitch enjoyable and easy to play with. Not long now till the next version appears.

carorose said...

Good stitch for crazy quilting.