Saturday 30 January 2021

Saturday Sightings of Spring - 3

Here is my third report on the embroidered silk and felt cushion I am making based on Jacquie Harvey's design. 

She is offering the design and her 11-page instructions for an appliqué and Suffolk Puff cushion as a pdf file. Contact me if you would like it.


MY work has come this far:

I have begun embroidering the felt with Perle 8. Various TAST and Sunday Stitch School stitches have been used.




................

Another sighting of spring is here: the book of Hina Doll ornaments is on the work table beside a heap of chirimen kimono silk. 
Hina Matsuri, or Doll Festival, is celebrated on Girls' Day 3/3. 
We always decorate the house with these hanging ornaments from a month before that day. It will soon be February 3rd and I must get going. I have plans for three new ornaments. Watch out for my report later.


8 comments:

Pamela said...

The stitching on the felt is gorgeous!

crazyQstitcher said...

The cushion is great. My eye immediately went to the rose before enjoying the rest of the stitches. I love your Hina dolls and look forward to seeing new ones.

Julie Fukuda said...

Love that creative use of stitches!

Rachel said...

It's such fun to add lots of interesting stitches to the felt shapes, isn't it!

Daisy Debs said...

Hello , I am loving your craft work and embroidery .
Please what does TAST mean ? I have not heard of this term before . love Debbie :) x

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Your wip is looking good. Looking forward to seeing your new dolls.

Susan said...

That pattern is gorgeous, and sadly way beyond my present skills, which are not likely to increase. I love your version, though!

Tanya said...

So many pretty stitches! I haven't even started thinking about Valentine's Day yet...