Saturday 23 January 2021

Saturday Sightings of Spring - 2

There has been a snow alert for Tokyo, but there are sightings of spring HERE!

The basting thread holding down the cut pieces of felt was removed

as each piece was stitched down with small stitches.

The felt is now ready to meet thread, mirrors, and embroidery stitches galore in the Fay Maxwell style.

I am working my felt and silk cushion based on a Jacquie Harvey design. Hers is worked in cotton with Suffolk Puffs (Yo-yos).

Anyone wanting to take part, can get the pattern and  illustrated instructions as a pdf file. Contact me, and I will send you the file.

Another sighting of spring is this pot of yellow tulips that are brightening up my room.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Lots of lovely progress, and those gorgeous tulips - signs of hope indeed!

carorose said...

You have been busy! lots of progress here.