Monday 1 November 2021

May I Suggest...Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper, and today I picked two slips at random from my box.


The title will give you an indication that this is a stitcher with a point of view. Shannon introduces herself as an artist, activist, craftivist and community builder. She lets her opinions and stance show through her work.
She leads actual workshops and events, and online she has many free patterns and tutorials. Not only for cross stitch, her Pattern Page holds 55 other embroidery stitches. I have learnt several, i.e. Stick People Stitch.
Once upon a time there was grafitti, then we got yarn bombing, after that it became very popular to embroider slogans and messages. Shannon has turned such words into hoop art.

THIS title will give you an indication that it is about cooking, and it is clear that Fareeha loves cooking for her family. She has a long list of appetising Indian dishes to share with her readers. However, it is for the embroidery stitches I visit this website. Fareeha offers both step-by-step and video instructions. There is an interesting Bullion Knot I will soon include in a Sunday Stitch School lesson. Maybe you will find some other.




3 comments:

Rachel said...

More interesting links- thank you!

crazyQstitcher said...

I thank you also for the Two great links.

Pamela said...

What a name!