Monday 8 November 2021

May I Suggest...Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper, and today I picked two slips at random from my box.

Galery Y

Yukiko Ogura is famous in Japan for her bead and ribbon embroidery. She has held workshops both in and outside Japan and published several books. There isn't much written in English, but I found this page.


Applique Paintbox

More Japanese influences. Pam was inspired by Yoko Saito's flower appliqué quilt, and set about making it in colour. Fantastic! The colours blend just beautifully!

Pam is also working on a lovely tree quilt, heavy with embroidery. Don't miss it!

 

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Two more interesting blogs!

Rachel said...

Thank you again for the introductions!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Yukiko Ogura is my favorite ribbon and beaded embroidery artist.
20 years ago. A friend asked me to make a ring pillow for a wedding ceremony, and I gave it as a gift. At that time, I bought a book by Yukiko Ogura for reference. I Still have.
I mainly use beads to make accssories, but I would also like to incoprorate ribbon embroidey.
Thank you for introducing her.