Wednesday 4 August 2021

WIPW - Leaves

I have continued working on the projects from last week - The Log Cabin Challenge and the Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler. Here is my Work In Progress Wednesday report.

Log Cabin Challenge

I quilted another 15 blocks (marked in pink on the graph).


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler
Here I added a few more circles with Bayeux and Rumanian Stitch (seen on the right). Two of them are appliquéd circles of fabric made with the nifty iron press circle maker, 
on top of which I have stitched faux Bayeux Stitch (only the couching part of the stitch.

Furthermore I have stitched six leaves. On the left in #45 Leaf Stitch and on the right hand side #67 Fishbone Stitch.




8 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like how you are keeping track on the graph paper. The Sunday Stitch Sampler is beautiful!

Janie said...

Beautiful stitching on your Log Cabins. The various blues with gold centers are gorgeous!
And your new applique, embroidery piece is lovely, the stitching in the stems has wonderful texture.
Thanks for sharing so much inspiration.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The stitch sampler is looking good.

Rachel said...

Coming along very nicely there!

Pamela said...

Progress on both! Those little circles are great! You are putting them to good use. Having the perfect circle as a base calls attention to the well made stitches on top.

crazyQstitcher said...

Each Log Cabin block is another step to the finish line. It is coming on well. I love your floral spray on the background fabric. The stitches really set off the circles and leaves.

jacaranda said...

The end is near for your log cabin quilt. What you have stitched beautifully is that much less to do. I am impressed with your circles, not easy and you have mastered them. Your leaves remind me of wheat sheafs.

Tanya said...

The Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler is going to be such a beauty! I love the leaf shapes that you're adding.