Saturday 21 August 2021

Friday Homework for Lesson 181: Woven Stitch

This homework took a bit longer than I had anticipated, and I did not complete the work on the Canvas Sampler.

Here are the other samplers, though.

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
I used waste canvas to make the stitches as even as I could, but they are very wonky.

Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth
These are also done with the help of waste canvas and for some reason they are much more even!

Aida Sampler
Just plain black thread.

Updated:

Canvas Sampler



6 comments:

Rachel said...

They may look wonky to you, but not to me!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I was thinking that I like the coloured ones the most but then I thought it could look like a fence if done in one colour. Or the middle of a racket.

Pamela said...

I think this stitch wants to be even. I like it on the aida best. It does look like it takes time to do.

crazyQstitcher said...

I like all three examples and colours.

Janie said...

Your samples of woven stitch are beautiful!
And your green and magenta block is gorgeous, in your previous post, with a fun story to go with it.
I like the part where you helped a student learn English by sharing her interest in fashion!
Caring enough to do that makes all the difference.

Tanya said...

I really like this stitch though I can imagine how long it took to make it. I once tried (thought I was going to make something bigger) to do Aomori sashiko stitching (forget what it was called) but the confusion of counting stitches drove me crazy!