Sunday 6 August 2023

Sunday Stitch School - Revision: Stitches 256 - 260

We have just learned another chunk of five stitches, which means it is time for a review and a Sunbonnet Sue sampler.

The stitches are:


256 Quill Stitch


 









Easy and fast, this is a good basic stitch to add detached stitches or beads to.


257 Belgian Cross Stitch






Although it is a canvas stitch, it also looks good in free-form embroidery.


258 Half Herringbone Stitch









Vary it in scale and you get a different look.


259 Raised Seeding Stitch










Arch Stitch could be an alternative name! It's easy but I highly recommend using a fixative for the back to keep the loops in place.


260 Laced Mountmellick Stitch






















Here we have fun dressing up alternating Mountmellick Stitch with a lacing thread.


Homework:

Sunbonnet Sue needed something. Can you guess what it was?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can’t imagine. I guess I will have to wait to find out.
Pamela

Toki said...

Something to beat the heat? Or is it Something to enjoy summer?
An interesting riddle.

Angela said...

I don't have a guess. I do love seeing your creativity with Sue!

Anneliese said...

Hi Queenie, you are such an expert for stitching.

Rachel said...

I am very intrigued about Sue's next adventure!