Sunday 9 July 2023

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 257: Belgian Cross Stitch

Before we start today's lesson, I want to respond to an inquiry from 'Anonymous' (i.e. a person whose name or email address I do not know and so can not answer directly) about quilt shows in Japan in 2024. I'm afraid I have not heard of any shows planned for next year, but this year the World Quilt Festival 2023 will be held in Pacifico Yokohama on November 24, 25 and 26. Here is a link to the official website, unfortunately, it is only in Japanese, but the dates and times are easy to understand, and there is a clear map. Prices for non-members are 1.800 yen for tickets pre-bought at convenience stores and 2.200 yen bought at the door on the day. 

Japan Quilt Society, which organises this event, held its spring show in March this year. You can read my blog report here. I, therefore, expect there to be another show next year in spring but have no details yet.


Leaving comments on Blogger can often be troublesome. If it is difficult to sign into Google Accounts you can usually use the Anonymous option, but I would recommend ending the comment with your name for clarity.

..........................

Now for today's stitch!

Where to turn to for new stitches? Pintangle, of course. You can find Sharon's great tutorial for Belgian Cross here.

Her instructions are very clear with both text and photos. 

I worked my photo tutorial on Aida and used a square of three holes:











Homework:
Add here and also on the canvas Sampler.














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an interesting stitch! I like how it looks on the aida fabric.

Pamela

Angela said...

That looks great. You are a genius to keep using so many new stitches!

Rachel said...

That looks very much like a stitch that developed in a counted stitch tradition. It will be interesting to see how it works on the scribble cloth!

Toki said...

The stitches this time are definitely stitches, but they also look like knitting.

Tanya said...

Thank you for the quilt show details. I sure wish I could go and meet up with you again... We will see how my recovery progresses...