Wednesday 23 August 2023

WIPW - A Finish & A Start + A Grandmother's Flower Garden Birthday Card

 It's been a busy week to report on here at Work In Progress Wednesday.


Mandala

I completed the work I started last week.





Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I added the following stitches:

#250 Danish Knot Chain Stitch (mint green), #247 Scallop Blanket Stitch (orange/yellow variegated) and #141 Feathered Zig-zag Chain Stitch (light green/yellow variegated)



Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

I pressed on all labels and stitched them down by machine with invisible stitching (monofilament nylon). The labels are secure and won't fall off. There is no need to worry as I pull this reference chart out time and again to look for stitches.


I also prepared a new chart with slightly larger squares (6 cm x 6 cm) and added the strips of support fabric. The chart is ready to receive its first stitch, #262, on Sunday.

Birthday Card

One of my aunts will soon be 95 and I wanted to make her a cheerful and bright card. Why not use the hexagon shape and the Grandmother's Flower Garden pattern? More on the construction work in a later blogpost.



3 comments:

Toki said...

The mandala started to move again. What is the theme of this mandala?
Samplers are great. It's like a stitch textbook.

Happy 95th birthday to your aunt. I'm sure she will be delighted to receive the card.😊

Rachel said...

Birthday card does look really cheering!

Pamela said...

Wonderful birthday card and great progress on your other two projects!