Wednesday 16 August 2023

WIPW - Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

I had to add another job to my Work In Progress Wednesday report this week. The job of typing, printing, pressing interfacing, cutting...  Here is what I have been working on:


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

As you can see from this picture,


I have filled in the last square, in the lower right corner, on the Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart with stitch #261 Y-Edge Stitch. As always I want to add the name of each stitch to the chart.

Therefore I have typed up a list of the numbers and names and printed it out on fabric.



To make it easier to put the chart in a hoop before embroidering the stitches that are along the outer edges, I added strips of fabric along the edges. Now had come the time to remove these butterfly-patterned strips.


The next step was to add a sheet of iron-on interfacing on the back of the typed names and cut out each individual name.

What remains to be done is to press these labels onto each matching square and then secure them with machine stitching. That, however, is for next week.


Mandala

I have a length of wine-red metallic thread and made some rays for the small circle.




Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

Two stitches were added: #33 Chinese Knot Stitch (purple, turquoise and ochre wool) and #72 Sham Hem Stitch (green and purple).











4 comments:

Pamela said...

I like the colorful freedom of the stitches you’ve added. You are good to remember which stitch is which for the labels. I’m sure I would have them mixed up.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You have been busy this week.

Rachel said...

The labelled panels make such a good resource, don't they!

Angela said...

Wow oh wow are you ever organized!