Sunday 21 May 2023

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 251: Frilled Buttonhole Stitch

From the blog 'Let's Learn Embroidery' I picked up today's stitch: Frilled Buttonhole Stitch. Check it out here.

Or follow my simple photo instruction:






On the back, you can see how I have spaced
the stitches to get a gentle curve.


Turn the work upside down and 
stitch away from you. Don't bite 
the fabric.


Two Buttonhole stitches for each
loop.


Anchor.




This will make a nice petal. If you want to make a flower, make four or five petals in a circle.


Homework:

Add here


3 comments:

Pamela said...

This stitch is very cute!

Toki said...

This stitch can make cute flowers that you see in flowerbeds, parks, roadsides, etc.😊

Rachel said...

I think I remember using this one on a Jane Rainbow Crewel work design, aeons ago!