Saturday 10 April 2021

Saturday Sightings of Spring - 12

The quilting on my silk cushion is now complete. What remains is to construct the cushion. I will use the envelope method without a zipper. That should be easy and quick, so the next, and final, post will be of a completed project.

Many thanks to Jacquie Harvey for the design, (hers has Suffolk Puffs or Yo-yos, as you can see)

and to Fay Maxwell, whose Crewel and Unusual style inspired my work with embroidery on felt, shisha mirrors and Indian Kantha style quilting.


Here is the completed flimsy:


...............
Sightings of Spring.
Wisteria in full bloom.

Yaizakura, a kind of cherry blossoms with masses of dark pink petals. Blossoming late, the leaves are also opening.




8 comments:

Pamela said...

Very pretty! I have the instructions and may start my own version.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

All of your sightings of spring are so pretty, from your gorgeous handwork to the beautiful blossoms. I haven't seen wisteria near me yet - maybe soon.

Janie said...

Your photos of cherry and Wisteria blooms are gorgeous!
And your completed silk flimsy is a beauty in color and stitching, thanks for sharing.
I'm inspired.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I usually use the envelope method for cushions. The wisteria looks lovely, I've not had any success growing that.

crazyQstitcher said...

A plethora of beautiful blossoms and flowers, from the fabulous flimsy through the beautiful plants. :-)))

Rachel said...

That's a great success. The silk fabric responds rather well to the kantha quilting, doesn't it!

carorose said...

Your silk flimsy looks lovely. Here we are getting ready for Autumn.

Tanya said...

Such texture you got with your quilting!