Wednesday 1 January 2020

WIPW - On The First Day Of The New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR. May 2020 be a stitchy year!

The Work In Progress Wednesday progress was of course not done only today, the first day of 2020, but over the past week!

Freeform Embroidery
I continued with woven stitches. Here are Woven Chained Bar at the top and underneath two Woven Trellis Stitch flowers.


Circles Challenge
This is as far as I have come on decorating the circles.

Portuguese Stem Stitch

Whipped Stem Stitch

Pekinese Stitch

Tvistsöm Cushion
I started the 22nd column today.


Enjoy what is left of your holiday, maybe with a bit of stitching?









7 comments:

Isadarena said...

Thank you for these beautiful photos of your work.
Queenie, I wish you and your family a very happy New year 2020.
Witm my warm thoughts,
Isabelle

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Excellent woven chain bars

Rachel said...

I hope we all have a wonderfully stitchy 2020!

crazyQstitcher said...

Wonderful examples of weaving stitches. I'd forgotten the Woven Bar and must try some again. I like the variety of stitch and thicknesses around the circles and you are really moving with the Tvistsöm
I hope you and your family enjoy a very safe, happy and productive New Year.

Janie said...

Good stitching to you too Queenie!
Your work looks beautiful and I enjoy seeing the colors you're using, good choices.

Angela said...

Oh, your freeform piece is so pretty. I love it. The circle piece is really coming along nicely!

Tanya said...

Yes, your free form embroidery is really growing!

It won't be long now until we can share our circles and start thinking of something new again. I am ready for a new challenge! Your embroidery makes your circles so YOU!