Wednesday 15 January 2020

WIPW - Circles Challenge Completed

I have been busy stitching and have some good results to show.

Circles Challenge
is complete. 
I finished all the embellished seams, some of the circles are spilling out onto the borders.

To cover up the joint of the cream and gold braid I made a Dorset Button. I just love making these buttons.

Finally I constructed the bag.
 

I used a beautiful print I bought in the UK last year for the back.

Like the other challenges (Mola 2018 and Cathedral Windows 2019) this bag will double as a cushion.

Tvistsöm Cushion
Now working on 26th column.


Freeform Embroidery
Alternating Magic Split Stitch and E Stitch found their way into the design.




 Every project is in the same colour range - you must be sick of teal!

13 comments:

Lyn Warner said...

The fabric complements your circles beautifully!

Stitching Lady said...

I love your work. The circles are perfect and beautiful. I am glad you don‘t use it as a bag but as a cushion cover.

Rachel said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I never get tired of teal!

Elizabeth's quarters said...

The circles challenge bag is wonderful and of course, the Dorset button is the perfect addition! Have you tried shirtwaist buttons? They're similar to Dorset buttons. A little more fiddly but just as addictive once you get the hang of them.

Sarah Aldrich said...

Honestly, I was so interested in the stitching that it never occurred to me that everything was teal!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Fabulous bag and the fabric on the back works perfectly.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your circles bag is so beautiful - the backing fabric pairs so perfectly with your beautiful stitching! Will you be using the bag at the quilt show? Hope so!

Janie said...

Beautiful finish! I'm thinking I should make a bag too.
Your Tvistom stitch looks like a braid.
And your new stitching on the free form project looks great.

Pamela said...

Your bag is fabulous and the backing fabric is perfect!

crazyQstitcher said...

I am in awe of every project you have worked on here. The soft tones are soothing to the eyes and it's enjoyable to see the freeform grow. Love the Dorset button. I've only made one so far. What a perfect match the fabric and circles tote/cushion are.

chitra said...

so many stitch seams and it is complete. very good work. i like the idea of the bag can be used as cushion. A good progress on Tvitsom cushion. i can see many snake shapes on your free form embroidery. happy stitching.

Radka said...

Wow, I love the bag!
xx

jacaranda said...

Your bag is beautiful, I will miss you all this year.