Wednesday 5 June 2019

WIPW - Two Finishes

It has been a busy week, with the visits to the Quilt Time Festival in Yokohama and writing up the blog reports of the quilts I saw there.

Nevertheless I have made progress for Work In Progress Wednesday's Show and Tell.

Crazy for Crazy
The candy floss pink and white block is finished. The last bit of embellishment was a piece of ribbon I twisted up, pinned in its tangled mess and then stitched down.

Next week I will have to put together fabric, thread and buttons etc for the next block.

BES (Brazilian Embroidery Study
The embroidery is finished  with a mass of knots.
The only work left is to mount it on a piece of board.
It was an enjoyable project.

Vaxholmskudden
In spite of constantly being on the look-out for new and interesting stitches, the humble and very basic Stem Stitch is probably always going to be my favourite.
It was used for the long 'tentacles' sprouting from the pink heart.


6 comments:

Rachel said...

It's amazing how effective something simple like scrunching up a bit of ribbon can be...

Janie said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I like the tacked down ribbon detail on your CC block. And the Brazilian Embroidery project is rich with the mix of color and embroidery stitches. Lovely.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your Brazilian embroidery study is so so pretty - just such a lively bunch of flowers! Love the colors in it too.

jacaranda said...

Well done on your finishes, I always love your stitching.

Pamela said...

Many beautiful stitches to show this week. Pink is not my favorite, but I have to say your carzy clock is gorgeous. It looks so sweet and feminine. The BES is very colorful.. The colors and stitches make the vaxholmskudden piece very appealing.

carorose said...

Love your Vaxholmskudden piece. I must get started on my own.