Friday 14 June 2019

Friday Homework for Lesson 101: Rose Leaf Stitch

I think this stitch is best done in some fluffy yarn, like wool. For this homework, however, I tried it in Coton a Broder and Perle.
It was tricky to get the stitch even. However, I found a smart way to turn the stitches inside out:

Use a pair of pliers!

Pull out the card carefully.

Insert the pliers in the loops.

Turn the loops inside out.


Pull out a few of the innermost loops, and

anchor them down.
The New Teal Wool Tailoring Scribble Cloth

Aida Sampler

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart



















3 comments:

Rachel said...

I would never have thought of adding a pair of pliers to my embroidery toolbox!

Pamela said...

Embroiderers need all kinds of tools! The green ones really look like leaves.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Looks like it might be a time consuming stitch with having to use pliers.