Wednesday 19 June 2019

WIPW - Baby Blocks

Wednesday? Again? So soon? Time to show Work In Progress Wednesday.

Crazy for Crazy
I have cut out, placed and pinned down the pieces of green. Four of them are from my kimono silk stash.

New! Wobbly Baby Blocks Toy
I started making a soft toy of baby blocks that can be turned and twisted, so they show different fabric.
Here it looks like a real mess. Believe me it is messy stitching, although not difficult, once you have double checked the placement of the fabric.
The pieces need to be pinned to the cubes of foam rubber for the filling and it is so easy to prick oneself on one of the many pins. Ouch!


Vaxholmskudden
Leaves have sprouted.




10 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm very intrigued by that toy!

Janie said...

Good start on your new CC block. The wobbly baby block project looks intricate and prickly! I'm staying tuned to see how that turns out.
VHS is attractive with the new embellishments, lovely.

Lyn Warner said...

The red and blue embroidery is stunning!

Elizabeth's quarters said...

Yes, time is flying, I don't know where it goes! I just love the way you experiment with pattern and colour and never seem to get it wrong. Greens are a particular favourite of mine but I always seem to opt for the safety of blues. Your latest Crazy for Crazy block is going to be a stunner, the little pink contrasts work really well.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Wow, I can't wrap my mind around the wobbly blocks. What a challenge - you'll have to show us the finish. Your "Vazholmskudden" is just so beautiful.

Tanya said...

Yes! Your soft toy looks very interesting! Are you going to teach us how you make one?

Stitching Lady said...

Wonderful idea - and certainly fun to sew !

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like your green crazy fabrics.

Renee said...

I've been scrolling through your blog and catching up on all of your gorgeous stitching! You do such lovely work. And I loved seeing your updates from the quilt show. Thank you!

chitra said...

Great works in progress. missed all these extraordinary works of yours. Vaxholmskudden [ hope I have typed it right] looks lovely. blocks look interesting and promising.