Sunday 2 June 2019

Sunday Stitch School - Revision: Stitches 96 - 100

As we have learned five new stitches, it is time for a revision lesson.
Click on the name for each stitch to get to instructions, pictures and homework.

96 Buttonholed Fly Stitch
This is such an attractive stitch, and easy, too. A must try stitch!

97 Satin Threaded Chain Stitch
Play with different threads, size and length of the 'legs'!

98 Sprat's Head
Originally a tailor's work stitch, it can be used for embroidery and embellishment, too.

99 Chemanthy Stitch, complex version
It IS complex, but not so complex that it is impossible. Once you have mastered it, it gives you great satisfaction.

100 Step Stitch
Hm, it looked good in Mary Thomas's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches, but was hard to get even... I both like it and dislike it. Hm, I need to use it more to get better results.

So the question is how to use these five stitches for the
Revision Homework.
Well, here is a blurred teaser picture of the Sunbonnet Sue sampler I will make.

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I can't imagine what Sue is up to this time!

Rachel said...

Completely baffled here! Whatever is Sue up to now?

crazyQstitcher said...

I'm envious of your well made Chemanthy and love the Step stitch. Sue has me puzzled.

carorose said...

I have been out of action for a whilte and have to catch up. There is so much to see on your blog!!
That Chemanthy Stitch is challenging me!

deepa said...

I must ask you this..do you actually remember these 100 stitches without looking them up? Oh wow!!