Wednesday 16 March 2022

WIPW - Stitching on Top

Hello.

It is time for another Work In Progress Wednesday report. 

Velveteen Cushion

On the raspberry pink circles I appliquéd last week, I have stitched Buttonhole Wheels in silver thread. Over the silver bias tape I used Glove Stitch (why have I not used this stitch for Sunday Stitch School's lessons yet??!!) to soften the glare of the metallic fabric.



As you can see I have also started adding another kind of appliqué. More on that next week.


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I continued to add long steams of swirls in various stitches. #149 German Knotted Braid Stitch in purple and for the  #48 Detached Up and Down Buttonhole Stitch I used a light blue and pink variegated perle.



4 comments:

Janie said...

Great progress! Glove stitch is beautiful isn't it and your raspberry applique circles look like little pincushions to me.
I've been stitching the Pariser stitch ( from your last post) last couple of days I like it, just a little different from blanket stitch.
Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

I'm sure Glove stitch will be appearing soon! It's worked particularly well here to "knock back" the metallic ribbon a bit.

Pamela said...

Very pretty additions.

Tanya said...

That turned out beautifully! What a nice addition to your bias tape!