Wednesday 23 March 2022

WIPW - Appliqué, Italy and Ukraine

Here we are again, time for Work In Progress Wednesday. It includes a fresh bit of appliqué, an Italian stitch and a new project.

Velveteen Cushion

I have needle turned four pieces of appliqué in a grey cotton fabric with metallic swirly print on. 

Then I stitched the edges with #149 German Braided Knot Stitch and have made small French Knots in red at the centre of each swirl. That took some time, but I am pleased with the impact.



Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

For the last set of swirls I used an Italian favourite, #16 Puncetto Valsesiano. As you can see I have not had time to complete the work yet.

Bookmark

I need to make a birthday present.

At Hokkaido Kudasai I found this beautiful bookmark in Cross Stitch with a Ukrainian design. Thank you Pamela for the inspiration and instructions.

4 comments:

Janie said...

Beautiful additions! And good progress. Spring is here! We have lots of rain, which is a good thing.

Rachel said...

That Ukrainian design is turning out well!

Pamela said...

Lots of progress. Your bookmark looks great!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You have been busy.