Wednesday 9 March 2022

WIPW - Silver Bias Tape

 Welcome to have a look at my Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Velveteen Cushion

This time I have added appliqué and bias tape. 

First twelve circles of raspberry pink batik were stitched on. 

Then I found a reel of bias tape made from metallic fabric. It was easy to add it. Here it looks rather stark, but I will add embroidery to it, as well as to the circles, so the strong shades will calm down.




Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I added only one stitch, #201 Italian Knot Stitch, but I added a LOT of them. It is an addictive stitch and you simply can't stop the needle.
I used a hand dyed silk thread from Pintangle, wonderful to use on the wool fabric.










7 comments:

Rachel said...

It's always such a thrill to find a New Fun Stitch, isn't it!

Pamela said...

The cushion is striking! Wonderful progress this week.

carorose said...

Lovely work.

crazyQstitcher said...

I love both your designs and the stitches. So beautiful.

Angela said...

Hand dyed silk! Yummy!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Both looking pretty. I must try the Italian Knot Stitch.

Tanya said...

Ooh! The stitching is all so pretty. I'll be looking forward to how you fancy up the bias.