Wednesday 30 March 2022

WIPW - More Coasters

On the menu for Work In Progress Wednesday report of the week are the usual projects, as well as some gifts.

Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

Here I have completed the swirls of #16 Punchetto Valsesiano that I did not have time to finish last week. There is also a circle of #203 Pariser Stitch, and inside you will find #5 Emire Stitch.





Velveteen Cushion

I used metallic copper thread to Stem stitch some ornaments.




Ukranian Bookmark

The bookmark in Ukranian Cross Stitch I had begun last week, was completed and is now waiting for someone's birthday.


The back is covered with felt that I glued on. I left enough raw edge to made a simple fringe of the Aida fabric. To make sure it does not fray any further I brushed on a thin line of diluted bond to harden the 'roots' of the fringe.
It's a very beautiful design, but took 21 hours to complete. Almost every minute my thoughts were of the country where this design is from.

Coasters
For another birthday I made five coasters from squares of William Morris' lawn and Liberty's famous paisley lawn (used for the back, so not seen here).
All machine stitched, to save time.



4 comments:

Pamela said...

You’ve had a lot of progress this week. The bookmark turned out great and the coasters are a good gift idea too.

Lyn Warner said...

The Ukrainian bookmark is beautiful.

Rachel said...

That bookmark is so intricate - no wonder it took so long!

Janie said...

Beautiful progress!
I like the Empire Stitch inside the Pariser stitch circle, looks like stars.