Wednesday 29 September 2021

WIPW - Squares and Triangles

 Work In Progress Wednesday features two geometric stitches this week. 


Sunday Stitch School Stitch Sampler

I selected to work with #6 Four Sided Stitch and #12 Lace Stitch. The first is a square stitch and the second a triangular one.

Last week I complained about how difficult it is to take pictures of this wool fabric. I got the advice from Rachel of VirtuoSew Adventures to place stronger coloured fabric around the motif, take a picture and then cut out those areas while editing the picture. It worked wonders! Thank you Rachel. THIS is just the right shade of greyish teal that I can see with my naked eye. For some reason the camera lens is always modifying the colour into silver grey, dark granit or blue.
Blue, yes that is what the fabric looks like when I took this photo. You can see there is still a lot of space to stitch - lovely!



Log Cabin Challenge

20 Log Cabin blocks were quilted. They are marked in red on the graph. I am pleased with the steady progress, and had to get another reel of quilting thread.



6 comments:

Pamela said...

That color advice did the trick, amazing! Great progress with the log cabin blocks! You will be ready for winter.

crazyQstitcher said...

What a difference the method made to the fabric colour. I must try it. The 20 blocks are filling out the quilt. How do you find the time for the various projects you have?

Julie Fukuda said...

When I think of "sampler" I think of something a lot smaller than that. It's going to be fun watching that grow.

Anonymous said...

I like the color of the fabric and the threads used. There is a lot of space. I'm looking forward to the next progress reports.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad the idea worked! I think I got it from Sue at TortoiseLoft blog when I was having trouble photographing Akhenaten..

Tanya said...

It was so good to see your wool work "in person" yesterday. It is going to pair up just beautifully with your other gorgeous cushion!