Monday 27 September 2021

May I Suggest ... Monday?

Every Monday I want to promote blog reading. The names of blogs I like have been written on pieces of paper, and today I picked two slips at random from my box.


Here is a beautiful blog where Nicola has a list of embroidery stitch tutorials, samplers, SAL (stitch alongs), a shop, and a Mystery Advent Calendar 2021.
There is also a list of nice stitch rooms to inspire those of you who have the space to turn a corner or a whole room into a creative stitch studio.

You will be met by the most beautiful hand stitching by Japanese embroidery artist Yumiko Higuchi. Using very simple stitches (Stem, Satin, French Knots...) but with a steady hand her stitches are neat and even. The spacing and colour choice make the designs exquisite. 
The photo quality is also great so you can enjoy the eye candy even if you can't read the text.


5 comments:

Rachel said...

Always good to have another source of eye candy! Thank you!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I've never been able to stitch as neatly as Yumiko Higuchi and I don't suppose I ever will.

jacaranda said...

Beautiful stitching and 2 blogs to read over a cup of tea, thank you.

Pamela said...

Two more new to me blogs. You know about some interesting ones. Thanks for introducing them.

crazyQstitcher said...

You find such interesting and beautiful sites for embroideries and stitches. Today's two are fascinating. thank you for sharing.