Wednesday 5 February 2020

WIPW - Preparing for Hina

Work In Progress Wednesday, here we are again. A week passes so quickly, have I managed to make any progress?

Freeform Embroidery
I added two stitches, both or them were learned years ago in the TAST online course run by Sharon of Pintangle.
The stitches are Detached Buttonhole Stitch, and Barb Stitch.



Tvistsöm Cushion
I have just completed row 32 and will start 33.


Hina Dolls
It is time to add three more Hina Hanging Dolls to the mobile.
If you don't know what I am talking about read about Hina dolls here.

I have picked out the fabric and started making the paper patterns.
Now what will I be making, do you think? The hints are: an autumn plant, the animal of the year and something from the sea.

8 comments:

Isadarena said...

Carin, you made manuy progresses on your embroideries. Your Hina dollls are just cute.I don't know what you are going to do ? mystery :))
Take care,
Isabelle

Rachel said...

Well, I'm certainly intrigued by the way the dolls are going to turn out!

crazyQstitcher said...

It is so good to see the Hina models again. If they were mine I would display them permanently- but perhaps annually is better so they are always a delight to the eyes.
Thank you for resizing them.

Pamela said...

Times does seem to fly these days! The cushion is really coming along nicely.

Shami Immanuel said...

Great progress. I always admire your steady progress in each of your project and get it finished. You have reminded me again about my WIP embroidery stitch sampler which I haven't touched this year. Thanks. Waiting to see your dolls.

Janie said...

I like your freeform embroidery additions, especially the barb stitch, lots of possible uses!
And time for more Hina dolls, how fun. You have a wonderful collection.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

What a beautiful tradition. I can guess the animal of course and maybe the plant.... but not the item from the sea! Will be fun to see what you create.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Looking forward to seeing the dolls. Will the animal be a rat?