Wednesday 26 February 2020

'Anonymous' is looking for a quilt pattern.

Someone ('Anonymous') left a comment on a blogpost from 2015.
She wanted to know the name of this patchwork block pattern on a quilt I had seen at Tokyo International Great Quilt Week 2015.

I have searched high and low, but not been able to find the name of the block.
Does any of my readers know? If so, please leave a message.

Using a graph paper and pencil one should be able to draw the pattern. I think this would be a good English Paper Piecing project.

So, Dear 'Anonymous', as I can't contact you by email, check back here later to see anyone has left a clue in the Comments.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I don't know what it's called, but it reminds me of millefiori glass work - maybe that was the inspiration and might help to track it down?

Rachel said...

I don't know what it's called, but it reminds me of millefiori glass work - maybe that was the inspiration and might help to track it down?

Pamela said...

I don’t know either.

abelian said...

I think Rachel’s on the right track. I Googled “millefiori quilt” and found there’s a book “Millefiori Quilts”, with English paper pieced, hexagon-shaped blocks the look very similar to that quilt. The author is Willyne Hammerstein. Another site appears to sell kits of precut paper pieces for the quilts in the book.

Julie Fukuda said...

I find it interesting how often people ask for the name of a quilt pattern ... especially one like this that would be fairly easy to draft on graph paper and make in any size. Often, in a group I belong to, that is the first question asked.