Sunday 23 February 2020

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 123: Indian Edging Stitch

Today I want to share an Indian stitch which I found on YouTube, and also at Sarah's Hand Embroidery Tutorials.
It is called Indian Edging Stitch. 
It looks complicated, but after making a few stitches I found the rhythm.
From there on, it became addictive.

Begin by making a horisontal Straight Stitch, 

then come out below the middle of it.

Starting from the left corner, 
make a slanting 'Chain Stitch' .


Make a horisontal Straight Stitch,
starting from the right side,
and coming out in the lower middle hole, above the first Straight Stitch.


Insert the tip of the needle in the hole at the top,
come out a bit above it,

then make a Twisted Chain Stitch.


Anchor at the top,

Make a new stitch to the right.


Continue in the same way.

Homework:
Add to the three usual samplers





6 comments:

Rachel said...

That makes a lovely edging pattern!

FlashinScissors said...

That’s a lovely stitch Queenie!
Hugs,
Barbara xxx

crazyQstitcher said...

Now doesn't this make a pretty stitch. I'm behind with my classwork but will catch up soon.

Janie said...

Yes, I think that is a good edging stitch and it could be stacked with another edge stitch to get really fancy.
Lots of possibilities!

Pamela said...

I agree with Janie. Lots of possibilities.

Tanya said...

Wow! That looks very complicated! I wonder where you are going to use this stitch on your Sun Bonnet Sue?