Wednesday 30 January 2019

WIPW - 2 x Completed!

For the Work In Progress Wednesday today I have TWO completed projects!!!!

Crazy for Crazy
The navy blue and pink crazy quilt block is now completed.
I added Fly and Thorn Stitch and some Ribbon Roses.


Cathedral Windows
Finally, and just in time for the Show 'n Tell at the quilt show in Tokyo Dome, I have completed the Cathedral Windows bag.
Front (or back):

Back (or front):

After the show, where I used it as a tote bag, it was happy to return home and take a rest on the daybed stuffed with a cushion.

It will be fun and refreshing to start a new project, or do I have a UFO lurking somewhere?
One new project will be the new challenge for next year's Show 'n Tell with Julie and Tanya.


8 comments:

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Both are lovely but my favourite is the bag/cushion.

jacaranda said...

Your bag is beautiful, I love the batik fabrics you used.

Pamela said...

Great finishes! The pink really pops agains the dark blue. How many of these crazy blocks have you finished now? The cathedral windows bag/cushion is fabulous. Too bad you can only see one side at a time. Both sides are gorgeous.

Julie Fukuda said...

You put a lot of work into that bag. Kind of nice it can do double duty as a cushion. The whole family can enjoy it there. Your crazy block is quite inspiring, and that, plus it's former finishes, are inspiring me to try a bit myself. The problem is figuring out how to start.

Rachel said...

That bag has turned out beautifully - well done!

crazyQstitcher said...

The bag is gorgeous, either side. The buttons you added are perfect. The Crazy for crazy block is lovely and I like the way you embellished the edges of the lace. Inspiring.

chitra said...

The block looks beautiful. navy and pink lovely colour combination.
very neat and lovely bag. good work.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Your Cathedral Windows turned out to be absolutely exquisite! It looks amazing as a tote bag and a pillow :) I love that you used the same pattern and technique in different ways on both sides, giving lots of interest. I'm sure you must have gotten many compliment on it at the quilt show! Your crazy block is beautiful too :)