Wednesday 7 August 2024

WIPW - Cropping

There are several progresses to report in today's Work In Progress Wednesday report.


Mandala

I re-stitched the Buttonhole edge of the first heart, then stitched the other three appliqued hearts with the same Buttonhole edge.


Next I will work on the circle in the centre.


Kumihimo Braiding

I completed the Kumihimo braid and attached it to my reading (stitching) glasses.

 I kept the tassels on. They reminded me of the tassels on girls' bicycle handles in the 70's. If I feel they are in the way, I will cover them up.



Birthday Card

I wanted to make another birthday card. Just like last time I used felt to make a flower, but the background fabric was a scrap of cotton with heat transfer foil on it.



Cropping

To beat the heat of Tokyo, I cropped a pair of summer trousers. What to do with the remnants? Well, Hexablooms of course!


Hexablooms

I cut lots of new squares of fabric, including the part that was left after cropping the trousers, see above. I then assembled ten new hexablooms.


In total, I now have 60 hexagon flowers.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Lots of progress this week! Your eyeglasses are very stylish now and 10 new hexie flowers! Wow!

Rachel said...

Your garden is blooming beautifully!

Janie said...

You have been very productive! Your braid is beautiful!
I'm afraid I've been vacationing, but I've had a little time for planning.
And your Mandala work is stunning!

Angela said...

So many happy projects! My hubby gave me a bicycle for my birthday many years ago. He put tassels on the handles as the wrapping. I left them on for a long time. He was a bit embarrassed by that but all the little girls we rode passed loved them.