Friday 16 August 2024

Friday Homework for Lesson 298: Hatamusubi

Making this knot to join two ends of thread is a bit fiddly if the ends are short. I recommend changing the thread while there is still enough left to hold on to.

I worked both the back and front of the stitches in these samplers, to show how they look both ways. Sometimes I cut the thread ends very close to the knot, sometimes I left the ends in takt.

Aida Sampler


Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart


Mottled Wool Scribble Cloth




5 comments:

Pamela said...

This is a handy technique to know!

Angela said...

I am not too sure about this one being on the front!

carorose said...

I have added this to my list of hints.

Rachel said...

Very useful to know!

Janie said...

Great addition to showcase. Having a way to join two ends of threads is super useful, yes.