Saturday 24 August 2024

Friday Homework for Lesson 299: Backstitched Trellis

Well, if you look at the date, you can see that this ought to be SATURDAY homework for lesson 299. The work was completed just before midnight but I had neither time nor energy to write up the post, thus the delay. Sorry!


Aida Sampler

The grid I made was very narrow, but it looks neat and tidy.



Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart

As this fabric has no grid, I drew the crosshatch pattern and stitched on top of the lines.


I quite like the trellis in two colours - it adds depth.



Mottled Wool Scribble Cloth

I knew this fabric was nearly impossible to mark. That is why I used waste canvas. However, the fabric is so knobbly that when the stitches are as short as these are, the whole grid looks wonky and uneven.
During work, I checked carefully that I had inserted the needle in the right hole, yet it looks as if I have made several mistakes. Sigh!

Back Stitch seen on the top of the work is one single stitch after another. On the back, however, you have what looks like Stem Stitch - the threads are double. This means that a narrow grid like this would be very hardwearing and suitable for Canvas Work on upholstery.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

The aida sampler does look very neat and tidy, which is very appealing to me. I also like the two color sample.

Janie said...

Back Stitched Trellis is a beauty and very stunning tucked in here or there or used as filler.

Rachel said...

I think on the nobbly cloth, you might find it would work better if you made the stitches a bit longer and the grid a bit wider. But it looks pretty good, even as it is!

Angela said...

It looks amazing to me!