Sunday 18 February 2024

Sunday Stitch School - Lesson 280: Flower Loop Stitch

Today's stitch is basically a group of Buttonhole Bar stitches,  each stitch made into an arch.  I found it at Let's Learn Embroidery. Click on the link to see it done in metallic gold thread.

Here are my photos:

Use a pencil or similar to make an arch.


Secure with a knot on the back.

Come out near the foot of the arch.

Add Detached Buttonhole Stitches over the arch thread.

Anchor at the other foot.

Tip! To keep the arch steady, stretch it out with a 
pin and you can easily add the Buttonhole Stitches.


Work several arches to make a flower of sorts.

Homework:
Add here:







4 comments:

Rachel said...

Useful for so many textures, I think!

Pamela said...

This is an interesting stitch. I like the flower shape!

Toki said...

This is also a pretty interesting stitch. I never thought I could make flowers.🌼😵

Angela said...

I have to give this one a try!